In accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of personal data by organizations in commercial transactions, we give you notice as follows (for the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data”, “organizations” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act):
Such personal data includes, without limitation, your name, NRIC / passport number, email address, home address, delivery address, telephone, mobile number, child’s name, child’s date of birth, expected date of delivery and other information. We wish to highlight that any failure to provide such personal data or subsequent withdrawal of your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data may result in us being unable to provide you with certain or all of our services or products.
Your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by us or on our behalf for any or all of the following purposes:
administering and maintaining your account with us;
processing and fulfilling your order for goods and services purchased from us (and for all other matters relating to such purchase, friso rewards redemption or sampling request);
verifying and processing payment and/or credit control when you purchase goods and services from us;
managing, investigating or responding to feedback, requests, exchanges, claims or complaints provided or made by you;
identifying visitors to our website;
engaging third party service providers to perform certain aspects of services provided by us;
sending you marketing or promotional materials and information relating to our products and services (including but not limited to signing up for any of our loyalty or rewards programmes). Please feel free to notify us in writing if you do not wish to receive such materials and information;informing you of updates to this website;
conducting market surveys, research or data mining;
communicating with you on matters relating to your account with us;
other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of above.
(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”)
4. Where we intend to collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for a purpose which does not appear above, we will notify you of such purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the Act or by any other written law.
5. Your personal data may also be disclosed to our parent company, subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies, licensees, business partners, distributors and/or service providers (including but not limited to our legal advisors, auditors and banks), whether located in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for any of the Purposes stated above.
6. If we transfer your personal data out of Singapore, we will comply with the Act in doing so. In this regard, this includes us obtaining your consent unless an exception under the Act or any other written law applies, and taking appropriate steps to ascertain that the foreign recipient organisation of the personal data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the transferred personal data a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under the Act. This may include us entering into an appropriate contract with the foreign recipient organisation dealing with the personal data transfer or permitting the personal data transfer without such a contract if the Act or any other written law permits us to.
7. To protect your personal data, we will implement appropriate reasonable technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data under our control or in our possession against loss and any unauthorised misuse, access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, damage and/or alteration and other similar risks. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
8. We will also ensure that we cease to retain and/or anonymise your personal data in our possession or under our control as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
9. While we will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete, you are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such information is kept up to date. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
10. If you wish to request for access to and correction of your personal data, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for any or all of the Purposes stated above, or if you have any questions, issues or complaints on how we manage, protect, and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Please note that we may refuse to comply with your request for access to or correction of your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
Please also note that if you withdraw your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for any of the Purposes stated above, this may result in us being unable to provide you with certain or all of our services or products. You hereby agree to accept the consequences, if any, of your withdrawal.
11. When you give us personal data or information about another person, you warrant, represent and confirm that you have, prior to giving us such personal data of that person, notified him/her and obtained his/her necessary consent of for the disclosure of his/her personal data to us, and to permit us collect, use and / or process that person’s personal data for the Purposes as stated above.
12. In compliance with the Act, we will not send marketing messages via text messages, facsimile or voice calls to a Singapore registered numbers belonging to you unless you have given us your clear and unambiguous consent to do so. If you have previously given us such consent, we will continue to send you marketing messages until you advise us in writing that you wish to withdraw the consent.